My Photo
Name:
Location: Conyers, Georgia, United States

i'm a country girl doing everything backwards....

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Better days to come

I have now come to relies that I need to think about me first every now and then. Thanks to a couple of friends of mine.
My son will always be first on my list but for one day I am going to go out and leave the baby with his day weather he likes it or night. I'm stressed out and need time alone and with my friends. I need to be around some people other then my 9 month old son.
I talk to Chris Tuesday night and I told him that me and all my girlfriends are going out Thursday night for a while and I '
m going. And that I am going out Sat. or Sun. for a while also. He told me no or I better talk Colby with me and I said I'm not asking you I'm telling you and you can watch your son for once in your life. (Grrrrrr)
I'm putting my damn foot down.....
However...
We are all moved now and just got our $3grand worth of a
bed here yesterday. I can't believe we spent $3grand on a fucking bed and frame. But it is real big and nice. He He It has 5in of that foam stuff in it and has a 10 year warranty on it.

Like to say thanks to you...I just needed someone to tell that for some reason..You know who you are!

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

GOOD for you. Make sure you put your foot down, but dont liet him guilt you into changing your mind.

Youre 19 years old, you have a baby, you have ALREADY proven your self to be much stronger than every other 19 year old out there.

It's great that you're going out, and i'm very proud you have remembered that you need time for yourself, but be careful....dont use it as a weapon. Dont just go, out of spite.

You are in an adult relationship now, it's important to talk about things, and get everything sorted out in a mature way. Talk to him, tell him how you feel. WITHOUT YELLING....if he starts to yell at you, or make you feel bad, let him know that you're MORE than willing to talk about anything, BUT not if he's going to yell at you. *This is very hard to do without yelling yourself*

Let him know that you're feeling overwhelmed, and that you need one day *or 2 half days a week* to yourself.....

And as for him wanting you to take the baby, he's afraid. He doesnt know what to do with your son.....work with him...make sure he knows how to warm up his bottle, make his food, change his diaper, get his bath ready, etc. etc.....Make sure he's comfortable doing it, without making him feel stupid.

I dont know how much he does around the house, but when you say "he does nothing" I take that for what it says.

IF he doesnt know how to do ANYTHING when it comes to your son, of course he's afraid. If it's something as simple as "Do you want to try feeding him tonight"....watch him. If he does a GREAT job, tell him "That's perfect". If it's his bath, say, wanna help me? God willing, if he says Sure, then make a joke out of it, and say "you know, the first time I ever did this, I was so scared...i didnt know what I was doing." Let him know he's not the only one.

It might open the lines of communication a little more....and he might feel more comfortable asking you for help so he's more confident.

Now I realize that you are going out tonight, so none of this will work today. I never said I was a miracle worker..LOL

Good luck...let me know how it goes

10:00 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

kay kay...tell Chris to get off his lazy butt and take some responsiblity for once. If he gets lippy, call me and I'll come over and kick his ass. He forgets Colby is his too and you need to remind him because right now, you two remind me of mom and dad.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home