My Photo
Name:
Location: Conyers, Georgia, United States

i'm a country girl doing everything backwards....

Monday, September 05, 2005

MEN!!


Why do a lot of men think that getting married is the end of the world. That crap drives me up the wall. I guy that I have known my whole life in Sep. 30,2006. And he is like "I don't think getting married means anything but I'm doing it because she wants a wedding". I men what the hell man!!

A couple of our friends are getting married next year and someone asked Chris and I when we are getting married. I did not say a word I just looked at him cause I wanted to see what he would say. He said "I'm never getting married, that is a waste of time to me." I was like "what the hell is that all about?" Then he says "why should we get married when we are happy the way we are. I don't see the damn point in it, then if we ever break up then it will cost way to much money and I don't want to go threw that." Well excuse the fuck out of me for wanting to get married to him. I told him when he finds a girl he loves a lot and wants to be with them forever he will get married, but it's just not me I guess. That pissed him off pretty good!!

I don't mean I want to go out and get married right away but one day I would like to be married and I don't want to be with someone who does not want to be married. It is a wast of my time and his. I love him, but it just hurts me to much!!!

I just don't know what to do!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

Katie...

Wow....you and me are WAY more alike that I ever imagined. LOL

You know what though, it's not fair for him to disrespect you by saying that he'll never get married, when he knows that you'd like to. AND...sorta not fair for you to say that he'll get married, but guess not to you.

It feels good to piss him off, becuase he hurt you, but "biting" comments like that only lead to more fights.

If he REALLY doesnt want to get married, EVER, and you do...then maybe you have some serious thinking to do. I know, personally, I could never live like that, settle for something when I knew I wanted more....but was too afraid to leave.

Actually, I'm in the midst of breakup pergatory right now....are we broken up, are we on a break...do you love me do you hate me...its SO frustrating. He's in the military, and I know that when the time comes, I have to go where he goes, where the military puts him....there's SO much I want to do....he's planned his life, and has fit me into his future, without making sure I WANTED to. I told him that I would go with him, becuase I loved him...but then I started thinking...and the reason we're in limbo is becuase I know I want something more than living the rest of my life on a base.

It's VERY hard, and I dont know how i'm going to ever manage without him...but i'm slowly figuring it out...one day at a time.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Kay Kay, number one you have to keep in mind how old Chris is. Most guys his age AREN'T looking to get married. That's a fact. He's young and he doesnt' want to be tied down. He's given you enough grief about that w/o being married. Lay off him (or leave him). Pushing the subject will only push him away. But if it's something that you feel you must do in the near future then you need to rethink your relationship. If you're not in a hurry then stop worrying about it and save it for a time when you are ready.

I assume the other person you were speaking of is our brother? If that's the case...look at who was talking. hello. He's so laid back, he doesn't care. He's content with whatever.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

linny,
its not our brother.

and i am not pushin it with him. someone asked him the other day if we were ever going to get married and he said hell no i'm not going to marrie her, or any one.
adn that hurt me. i just wanted to know why he would never married me.
and i told him it is not like i wont to go out and get married right now. I just would like to one day.
he said sorry your out of luck being with me. better find someone who wants to..
what more could i think.
it just upset me. cause i dont know if i'm wastting he's time or mine or even both of ours.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

He may change his mind...then he may not. Ball is in your court...
But it would have hurt my feelings terribly as well. Pretty shitty thing to say, especially since you have a son together.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Px said...

i would dole out some advice from the male point of view, i've always said i wouldn't get married until i was sure and ready, and even then it would take some time to persuade me because i don't see why i need a piece of paper to tell someone how much i love them.
but last year i though i found the right person and we got engaged. but alas, she turned out to be the wrong person which had made me a little more dubious to try again just yet

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home