My Photo
Name:
Location: Conyers, Georgia, United States

i'm a country girl doing everything backwards....

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm in the chair looking at the tv not knowing what to think.

There is a story on discovery channel about two kids that sold weed.
These boys are (Danny)20 and (Justin)21 years of age. They had there first smoke in the 8th grade. Then started selling it in high school and did not get in any trouble till one of the boys was killed.
The mothers say they neaver had a clue about anything. They were rich kids, the moms said. When they asked for money they gave it to them not asking or caring what for. One mom said she looked threw her sons room but never found anything so she did not worry about it.

Long story short:
Danny owed Justin $66000 for weed. He could not or would not pay it off. So Danny hired another 20yr old to kill Justin for $12000...
Danny is now on death row!

.............................................................................................
My point is:
You never know what your kids can be doing be hind your back or who they are friends with that you dont know about. So make shure you keep a good eye on them and watch for the little things that you think might be something there just going threw!!
These kids started all this in the 8th and 9th grade. That is very young to be smoking weed.
I would like to know wear in the hell did they get it in the 8th damn grade!

.............................................................................................
Sorry if these is a bad post, but it bothers me...

Have a good one
Kt Mae

12 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Seriously Kate. Think about what you and your friends and the boys were doing when you were in high school.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kat_womanx2 said...

I know where you're coming from. I didn't see alot of that activity until I was in high school..and people were barely dabbling in it then. This generation coming up is a whole new breed...I'm amazed at the shit they are doing early on. I saw one fist fight and one food fight in 8th grade...nowadays kids are killing each other with guns in the 8th grade or less...makes you wonder what their parents are teaching them..because I sure as hell know EXACTLY what my 14 yr old daughter is doing. From the exact penny she has on her..to what she buys...I buy all her clothes, etc...people need to get off their asses and be involved in their kids lives!!!.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi I ran across your blog I can't even remember how now lol

I agree with katwoman. For these mothers to not know anything about this??? They obviously weren't very involved in their sons lives...

Makes me not feel so bad about being over protective of my own children. I will be the nosiest mom ever probably :p

10:11 PM  
Blogger Princess Pessimism said...

Holy shit....this is CRAZY. I mean, I know I work with kids like that...but grade 8 is young. I'm so worried about having kids and bringing them up in the world today. So many pressures.

But this reinforces my stance on life. No matter how well you know someone, you never really know them. Its scary to think that someone you think you know, is the total opposite. People scare me...they can be so fake

1:26 AM  
Blogger Drywall Mom said...

For owing $12000 in weed, that seens like way too much weed. Are you sure there wasn't other stuff that he sold also? That's about 40 lbs of weed. All I have to say is, what an idiot. I do think that's why parents should watch what their kids to and get into their lives more than most parents do these days. Once their out of their house, it's a different story but while their under their supervision, they should have seen something. If they didn't then they wern't looking enough. When kids start doing things in their teens they are more likely to get addicted to it b/c their brain isn't matured enough yet.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

linny,
i never did anything like that in high school. i have never done any kind of drug in my life. the only thing i ever did was drink and i did no do that till i was in te 9th grade! the only reason you all think i did is cause i was never home. i did not want to be around the fighting and having mom and dad jump down my shit everytime i walked in the door. Oh....would you want to be around people that said you were out of control and did things?

kat and sue,
thanks for stoping by!
I am with kat also. the moms should have saw something.

pp,
i fell the same way.

drywall,
he did owe him $12000 dollars. he was from past times he gave him weed and did not pay.
the show said that the kid got over 360000 in weed a month to sell to his friends. when they found him he had over 400000 him his house. it was crazy

12:19 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm going to call you out on this one sis. You once told me that you did try something...just to see what it was like. But you only did it once and you never did anything else.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I agree with Kat on this one...

Parents today seem to not give a shit about their kids at all. I've known Kat for about two years now and she's one of the best moms I know of today.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Drywall Mom said...

That's alot of weed. That's nuts.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

linny,
i don't remember taking anything! but hell i might have!

tom,
your right and parents don't..

drywall,
yes it is

8:43 AM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

Very true. And soo scary, ya know?

3:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Parents have to take an active roll in their childrens lives. If they don't, this is the kind of thing that happens.

You will have to watch the things taht your children do on the Internet too. Chat rooms are dangerous. Too many predators are out there to get your children. When your kids get to an age where they are on the Internet a lot, watch out.

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home